Grow rooms contain everything mold and fungi need to thrive – moisture, organic material, and warm temperatures. Providing adequate air-flow solutions can help mitigate the grow-room conditions that facilitate unwanted mold growth. The motors in residential fans can become quickly overwhelmed if used in a commercial setting. Commercial circulation fans are built to endure the heavy use that cannabis grow rooms demand.
When considering your options, Hurricane Fans are a popular choice for cannabis cultivators and grow room operators. This is because they offer a number of advantages, such as high-powered motors, efficient energy usage, and their ability to create air-flow conducive to a consistent and optimal growing environment. Hurricane Fans are also relatively quiet, which is important for growers who want to avoid disturbing their plants, staff, and professional neighbors.
Benefits of Using Commercial Fans in Cannabis Cultivation
There are a number of benefits to using Hurricane Fans in cannabis cultivation. Most grow rooms (even when equipped with proper HVAC) lack adequate airflow. Sometimes it’s not enough to simply have an HVAC system pulling and pushing air into your plant’s living space. Wiring additional, industrial fans can improve your grow room in several ways, including:
- Improved air circulation: Hurricane Fans help to circulate air throughout the grow room, which helps to prevent mold and mildew growth. This is important because mold and mildew can damage plants and reduce yields.
- Consistent CO2 levels: Hurricane Fans can help to increase CO2 levels that otherwise would be at lower levels due to inadequate air circulation, which can boost plant growth in stagnant areas of your grow room. CO2 is essential for photosynthesis, the process by which plants convert sunlight into energy.
- Reduced temperature and humidity levels: Hurricane Fans help to reduce temperature and humidity levels in the grow room, which helps to prevent heat stress and bud rot. Heat stress can cause leaves to curl and wilt, while bud rot is a fungal infection that can destroy your flowers.
- Quiet operation: Hurricane Fans are relatively quiet, which is important for growers who want to avoid unnecessary noise pollution.
Professional fans are manufactured with higher standards than residential machines. They are engineered for longer run times and won’t buckle while being used in commercial applications.
Types of Hurricane Fans for Cannabis Cultivation
There are a number of different types of Hurricane Fans that can be used in cannabis cultivation, including:
- Inline fans are used to exhaust air from the grow room. They are typically mounted in ducting and can be used to create negative pressure in the grow room. This helps to prevent pests and odors from entering the grow room.
- Circulation fans are used to circulate air throughout the grow room. They are typically mounted on the walls or ceiling of the grow room and can help to prevent hot spots and stagnant air.
- Oscillating fans are a type of circulation fan that can move air back and forth. This helps to distribute air evenly throughout the grow room.
Determining the best fan for your grow room isn’t difficult, and at Omega, we’re always happy to help talk through what problems we can help solve in your grow room. Whether temperature distribution, moisture mitigation, or adequate venting – we’re happy to help guide you to the best solution.
How to Choose the Right Hurricane Fan for Cannabis Cultivation
When choosing a Hurricane Fan for cannabis cultivation, there are a few factors to consider, including:
- The size of the grow room: The size of the grow room will determine the size of the fan that is needed. A larger grow room will require a larger fan.
- The purpose of the fan: There are different types of Hurricane Fans, including inline fans, circulation fans, and oscillating fans. The type of fan that is needed will depend on the specific needs of the grow room.
- The noise level: Hurricane Fans come in a variety of noise levels. Some fans are very quiet, while others are louder. The noise level of the fan will depend on the preferences of the grower.
After making a couple considerations, choosing a fan should be an easy one. Each fan solves a specific challenge in the grow room and can solve several issues pressing on commercial cultivators.
Durable, Commerical Air Circulation
Air circulation isn’t just to add a layer of comfort for grow room operators; they are important to the health and development of your crop. Hurricane Fans are a solid choice for cannabis cultivators and grow rooms because they offer a number of advantages over residential alternatives. They offer higher airflow, are more efficient, and can help to create a consistent and optimal growing environment. Hurricane Fans are also relatively quiet, which is important for growers who want to avoid disturbing their plants or neighbors.
If you’re looking for reliable, commercial air circulation – be sure to check out our selection of cannabis cultivation fans.